Services: Planning & Arrangements
Prospect Hill is more than a registered landmark – it is also an active cemetery with full burial lots and options for those who wish to be cremated. Prospect Hill Cemetery is not religiously affiliated and does not discriminate on any basis. Prospect Hill Cemetery does not sell burial goods such as markers and monuments, but can direct you to trusted vendors.
While it can be difficult to make cemetery arrangements, purchasing a lot in advance is an important and loving way to reduce stress for your loved ones and ensure that your wishes are honored.
To purchase a lot, call the cemetery directly at 410-252-8462. To schedule a burial date, contact the Herbert W. Tracey Company at 410-472-4100. To order monuments or markers, please contact a monument company directly. Monument designs must be approved by a cemetery officer in advance. Please let the cemetery know of all arrangements in advance.
Make Your Arrangements in Advance
Just as estate planning and creating a will are responsible actions, planning your final arrangements in advance makes emotional and financial sense and protects your loved ones from the burden of planning services for you. Advantages include:
- Eliminate guesswork for your family. When you make your cemetery arrangements in advance, you’ll help alleviate your family’s burden of making sensitive decisions at a difficult time. With your wishes recorded, they won’t be left to guess what you would have wanted.
- Personalize your service. When you make your final arrangements in advance, you can influence the personal details that are important to you. Celebrate your life, your way.
Advantages of a burial site for cremated remains
Many people overlook the importance of having a permanent location for the cremated remains of their loved one. The advantages of a permanent home include:
- The ceremony involved in placing an urn in the plot provides closure for friends and family
- It provides a place to visit the loved one both now and for future generations
- It prevents ashes from being misplaced or mistakenly discarded
Military honors for a veteran’s burial can be arranged, with proper advance notice, through the funeral home.
We are very grateful for all the time and work you did to facilitate the internment of ashes for my wife in the family plot at Prospect Hill.— Robert Y.
Thank you for the beautiful, beautiful view-very well done.— Maria S.